Simple RBAC Quickstart
The Simple RBAC scenario is an example of how to implement an authorization policy using a simple relationship-based access control (ReBAC) model.
The Simple RBAC Quickstart includes:
- A domain model for Simple RBAC, including a
- A policy instance called
simple-rbacwhich uses a boilerplate authorization policy called
policy-rebac. This policy simply uses the underlying relationships to determine access.
- A connection to the Citadel Demo IDP, which contains five demo users based on the Rick & Morty cartoon.
- Sample resources, such as
time-crystal. Rick & Morty have
readerrelationships to these resources, demonstrating a relationship-based (ReBAC) model.
- A back-end API that uses
simple-rbacpolicy for authorization, implemented in several languages.
- An interactive tutorial which helps construct
curlrequests to test the back-end API.
As you go through the Quickstart, you'll learn the following:
- How to instantiate the Simple RBAC template.
- How to browse the directory and examine the manifest.
- How to evaluate policy decisions within the Aserto Evaluator.
- How to download and run the Simple RBAC back-end API.
- How to construct
curlrequests to the back-end in order to test out the API.
To follow this Quickstart you'll need to have an Aserto account. If you do not have one, you can create one here. Once you have created your tenant, you can continue.