This guide will take you through the process of creating your first policy and using it from a demo application called PeopleFinder.
At the end of the process, you will have the following:
- A free Aserto account
- A free tenant associated with the account
- A connection to your Source Code Control provider (in our examples, GitHub), so Aserto can help you create Policy bundles from policies stored in a policy repository
- A connection to your Identity Provider (in our examples, Auth0), so that Aserto can sync your users into its directory
- An Authorizer API key, which allows your application to talk to the Aserto hosted authorizer
- Our sample application, PeopleFinder, cloned to your GitHub account
- Your own copy of the policy repository associated with that sample application, policy-peoplefinder, in your GitHub account
- A live version of PeopleFinder deployed to your Netlify account, which uses authorization policy that comes directly from your policy-peoplefinder policy repo
- The Aserto CLI that allows you to manage the Aserto tenant and your local developer experience
- A local developer experience (OneBox), which allows you to run a local copy of the authorizer in a docker container
Please allow about 30 minutes to have it all working end-to-end.